Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Summary of my day -- 1-16-07

Got up at 7:30 am to go to City Hall before 8 am to pay my utility bill before they turned them off(I forgot to take that bill to California with me!!). Came back home and went back to bed until 10:00am. Got up again and got ready to go to post and into town.
Went first to the Milford Post Office to mail TJ's February care package(I really stuffed that flat rate box!!!), then I went to the post office on post and picked up nearly a month's worth of mail(including a bunch of Christmas cards!!!). Took back overdue library books and then visited with my friend, Amanda, for about an hour. Also picked up the massage oil I ordered from her Partylite party(gotta keep my husband happy during R&R!!!). Then I attempted to take my car to Dick Edwards to get it serviced(a light with an oil can and wrench was coming on). They told me that since my car was under warranty they couldn't work on it and I'd have to take it 2 blocks down to Jim Clark who does warranty work on GMC cars. Took it down there and was told I just needed the oil changed(which Dick Edwards could have done). They did the oil change and rotated the tires. After I paid, the mechanic walked me out to the car which they kept inside and even opened the door for me. Needless to say I will be taking it there for all my service needs from now on.
Then I went to the bank to cash a couple of checks and then went grocery shopping. Came back home, had sushi, french fries and 1/2 a King Sized Snickers and a Diet Coke for lunch/dinner, and started blogging while watching a Gilmore Girls rerun.
This evening I plan to read, maybe work on the spare room and watch Law and Order SVU.
I am anxiously awaiting a call from my husband as it has been just over a week since the last one.

No comments: