Monday, January 29, 2007

My Husband Is A Soldier -- a poem

This is a poem I wrote for my husband last night....I did look at similar poems yesterday so if the words or lines look familiar I don't mean to plagiarize!!!

MY HUSBAND IS A SOLDIER

My husband is a U.S. Soldier
He serves in the United States Army
He defends this country and our freedom
He defends the freedom of others
He does what he is asked of his country and his leaders
And does not question it, no matter what he may think
He is doing his duty, he is sacrificing his life
He is keeping this country safe
He is noble, he is brave
He is a HERO

I am a soldier's wife
I am left behind, but not in his heart
This is the life I chose when I married him
And I do not regret it
When I see him in his uniform, my heart swells with pride
My duty is to support him
My sacrifice is time
It is not easy, but neither is his job
I do it because I love him
I do it because he is my HERO

1 comment: