Friday, January 19, 2007

Summary of my day -- 1-19-07

Woke up at 10 am and watched a bit of Beauty Shop before going to Post to meet my friend, Debra, for lunch. First we shopped a bit at the PX and I bought a little disc shooter toy for TJ's next care package, a Fort Riley shot glass, and a book called Understanding Your Bowels. It looks hilarious, though it is a serious book about your bowels, but they make it humorous with very funny illustrations(and yes, there are illustrations of poop!). This may be destined to make my favorite books list.
After having a sandwich, chips, and great coversation for lunch I went to the Post Office and got my package from Oriental Trading Company -- 4 Pink Flamingo lawn ornaments!!! Then I went to the DAV Thrift store and bought 2 warm skirts, a chess/checkers/backgammon game, a Betsey Johnson hand bag, a heart decoration and little notepad. then I went to an "antique" store and indulged in my obsession for 80's teen paperbacks( a blog on this to come soon) . Then I went to Walmart and bought a floor lamp(only 12 dollars!!-- now I can have adequate light in the livingroom!!), a picture frame, a photo album, a sharpie, a baby bib and cross stich pattern for it and renewed my fishing license. Then I went to a small new/used bookstore and got a book called The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer. It took me a few minutes to determine that this was in fact a humor book written by Mormons and not anti-Mormon literature!!! It looks hilarious. Then I went to Goodwill and bought a puzzle and some more 80s teen fiction books. I fell in love with a an old yellow 10 speed Schwinn they had there that looked like a skinny banana, but it had 2 flat tires and I didn't know if they would need repairing(not just air) and I'm not sure anyone even sells the kind of big thin tires it had. It was a beauty, though. If you like day glo 80's looking bikes!!!
Then I came home and had my landlady help me bring in the bookshelf I bought the other day. While asking if I could have a hamster or rat she informed me that I could even have a cat or small dog if it is taken care of and doesn't pee all over. My husband now has some explaining to do as he told me she said we could not have a cat and I could not bring Mama Kitty!!!!! I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he misunderstood. But I am going to start looking for another cat. I'm going to be super picky, though. Guess I should discuss it with my husband, too!!!
I put my lamp togther and discovered it doesn't include lightbulbs :{ I don't have any of the 3 way ones it needs. Oh well. At least the bookshelves are in place for organizing this super messy livingroom!!!
Right now I am watching Disney Channel shows. Not sure what I will watch later, but I will probably work on the living room and fill my new photo album.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You should adopt a kitty from Pet Smart. (:

Robyn :) said...

I don't know where there is a Petsmart out here, but there is a shelter on the road into town and one on Post.