Sunday, April 13, 2008

Late Night Airport Runs are FUN!!!

On Friday one of TJ's friends asked if TJ could take him to the airport last night -- at 1 am!!! That's what time he had to leave here!! The flight wasn't until like 5 am.
I insisted on going along because the drive is 2 1/2 hours each way so 5 hours total. I also like car trips. And I was afraid TJ would get too tired.
It was an experience, let me tell you!! I have gotten up really early to take people to the airport -- not even an hour away!! -- but have never made such a long airport run in the middle of the night LOL.
We all got home from our friends' house about 11 pm last night. At 1:30pm, the 3 of us took a nap. We got up at 12:30am and were out the door by 1am. We stopped at the Shoppette and TJ and I got energy drinks and chips.
The drive was quiet, but interesting. His friend slept most of the way. i tried sleeping, but the energy drink kicked in. We stopped at the Lawrence service station on the turnpike to get McDonalds. I desperately wanted a Coke and his friend got a Big Mac Meal. Some where between Topeka and there it started snowing so I got some pictures of that!! It was coming down pretty good, but didn't stick to the ground. We dropped his friend of at the airport a little after 3 am and took a quick bathroom break. The airport was eerie as nothing was open(not even the ticket booths!!).
On the way back we stopped at Steak and Shake and got...Shakes!! TJ managed to drive all the way back so I got about a 40 minute nap!! We got home about 5:30 am and went to bed.
I slept most of the day!! It was nice to just keep sleeping. I don't have to go to work tomorrow so it was okay to waste a day, except I mssed church.

No comments: