Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thoughts on Ryan Seacrest

Everyone probably knows who Ryan Seacrest is -- host of American Idol, E News host, Morning DJ on KIIS FM in Los Angeles, ATV Top 40 host, Rockin New Years Eve co-host and the next Dick Clark. I must say that I am absolutely STUNNED by this man's success.





I used to listen to him when he was just an afternoon DJ on Star 98.7 in Los Angeles. I remember him talking about going to auditions for hosting gigs. he even tried out for a game show host. Cripes, I even called in to the radio station and talked to him once!!(For the record, I also talked to Danny Bonaduce on his old show -- twice!!). The first time I ever saw Ryan on TV was when he hosted a viewing of the Sound of Music on NBC. He was reporting from a Sound of Music singalong(which is a blast, by the way!!) in New York.

The luckiest thing that ever happened to Ryan was hosting American Idol. I think that really gave him the exposure he needed. He is very charismatic and I truly believe that he is talented at hosting things and has earned his celebrity status. He didn't just come out of nowhere. He worked hard. Now look at him!! He even has a star on the walk of fame!!! When that happened I was just floored!!! I realized then just how famous he had gotten.

Okay, so why am I writing a blog praising Ryan Seacrest? Because it is late and that is what was on my mind LOL.