Friday, July 18, 2008

Mamma Mia and Baseball make for a pretty good day.

This afternoon I went to see Mamma Mia! I thoroughly enjoyed it. They did switch up a few songs from the stage play and left out 3(including Under Attack, which is one of my favorites!!), but added 2 other ones.

The casting was absolutely fantastic!! Everyone was perfect for their roles. I did not know Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan could sing. They did a great job. The movie also takes place in Greece so the scenes are absolutely beautiful. They did a really good job of adapting it from the stage play. There are also cameos by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus(who are 1/2 of Abba and wrote the songs). During the closing credits they mimicked what they do on stage(which if you have seen the play, you know what I am talking about and it was hilarious. If you haven't seen it I will let that be a surprise!!)

I highly recommend this movie (unless you don't like Abba songs or like your movies to have a strong plot). It is lots of fun and has the best music.

This evening we went to the Generals game. They lost 6-1. The 6 runs were all made in the 2nd inning when our boys played rather badly. They did better the rest of the game. It was also Foot Locker night and there were a bunch of Foot Locker Service Center employees there. I think they got free tickets. It made for a crowded game. It hasn't been that crowded since military appreciation night. Another curious thing was that #5 Stewart hoover(my favorite!) was wearing a #20. We don't know why and neither did the Director of Operations (we sit near the control room and always ask him questions like that when he walks by!!).

Tomorrow night we are going to the JC Rodeo.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I never answered your comment on my scrapbook blog--Yes, if you would like a custom scrapbook tin, I would be more than happy to work with you to make one (or however many you want!) :-) And, since you found me through Tip Junkie, you get 10% off your order! :-) Just let me know if you're interested!

www.scrapbookingmadesimple.blogspot.com
redrhino4@sbcglobal.net