Monday, July 28, 2008

Our JC Generals are World Series bound!!!

Okay, I didn't quite understand something before about this summer collegiate baseball.

I thought the NBC World series was just for the midwest. Turns out it is a NATIONAL WORLD SERIES for summer collegiate baseball(okay, hence the name NATIONAL Baseball Congress). The Midwest Regionals were for the Midwest.

As you know from reading my last post(grrr) the JC Generals were runners up in the Midwest Regionals(double grrrrr). However, this also earned them a place in the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!! So we are going to the World Series!!! If they win the World Series they will be NATIONAL Champions. Luckily they have no prior committments during this time (in case they need to make up a game).

I am SUPER excited about this now. They haven't posted a schedule yet so we don't know when they will be playing yet(hopefully not this weekend as we have a prior committment!!). Hopefully not in the mornings of the week I go back to work, either!! We are planning on going when they do play to cheer them on.

How fortunate that the National Baseball Congress is located in Wichita, KS and that is where they play the World Series. Only 2 hours away!!

GO GENERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

This sounds good....I think....I haven't stayed awake for an entire baseball game EVER :)!!

Just wanted to stop and say thanks for the sweet wishes on my blog. I gain so much comfort from them.

Hope you have a great week!

Robyn :) said...

I like baseball games live. I can't watch them on TV unless it is the last game of the World Series or a team I like is playing(I followed the Angels when they won -- that was a huge deal as I worked across from the stadium!!).

You're welcome Jennifer :)