Friday, July 4, 2008

Sundown Salute So Far....

Our day is about 1/2 done!!


We got up early to go to the Parade. It was a lot of fun. We sat with the Poe's so that was fun and their daughter was in the parade!! Here are some highlights from the parade......

Our soldiers

Flyover

Mounted Color Guard

General Longball!!

Scout Troop 268

This last one is of my husband's Scout Troop. We were informed by the other den leaders on the float as it was going by that TJ was supposed to be on there as well!! LOL Oh well. Next year.

One of the teachers I work with ended up sitting next to us and I saw 4 kids from school in the parade!!!

After the parade we attended the veteren's ceremony


After the ceremony we went on to the petting zoo and fed some animals. Then we walked around Heritage Park looking at the vendors and having lunch. It is nto as hot as last year, but still quite warm and a little tiring so right now we are home resting(TJ watching TV, me tryng to blog and get all my pictures up as well as send 4th of July greetings to all of my friends on MySpace!!) for a couple of hours before heading back to see CCR and the fireworks. I will have another blog up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

For now I will leave you with this.....


He's baaaaack!!!!!!! I love this skeleton!!

and....