Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thrift Store Treasures

I try not to go to the Thrift Store on Post too much because I always find so much there!! I went to day and got all of the following(all pictures, not just the first one!!) for under $20.00. Thank you very much!!

This one is just a hodgepodge of things. There are 2 80's teen fiction books, a frisbee(we need one -- we have this great open space behind our house that is perfect for frisbee playing!!), a drawer organizer(which I am currently trying to find a drawer for, because I found something better to use in the drawer I originally bought it for!), a photo album binder which I am going to use for my stickers and small scraps and stuff because what I am currently using is too small, and a flowered plate I will use as a serving plate(I have a collection of rose serving bowls and a plate).


A wooden jewelry box .. to use for my fancy jewelry. This frees up my grandmother's old jewelry box for hair stuff :) The wooden one matches all my other jewelry boxes. I also love the rose on top.



A Mickey Mouse cup!! I love Disney stuff and this cup is so awesome. Very simple --just a Mickey. I am using it as a pen holder.


My 2nd favorite thing from this trip... a spice rack!!


However, it does not match my kitchen or any other room for that matter. So I did this....


and since I don't necessarily need a spice rack right now(though it would be nice)I took off the rails(but painted and saved them anyway for future use as a spice rack) and am using it for this....



This is only until I can find something bigger as I now have some shot glasses scattered in odd places to accoommodate them all!! After that this will become a spice rack. That's why I added the neat fruit stickers. I really like how it came out.

I would also like to point out that this is only the 2nd time in my life I have used spray paint!! The first was making TJ's welcome home banner. So this is the first time I have ever spray painted an object!!

And last, but not least, my most favorite find from today.....


a three-tiered rolling cart!!! I can use this for soooo much. It's first intended purpose is to load up scrapbook supplies I need for the projects i am working on to have near the table. Second, I can use this when I am cleaning the house and need to move stuff to different rooms!! Just load it up and deposit stuff where it needs to go. I can also tote cleaning supplies on it! Third, I can also use it when I am sick to tote around medicine, kleenex, books, etc when I want to move from the bedroom to livingroom!! I am sure I will find a bunch of other uses for it as well.

What are your favorite thrift store finds?? (and I'm sorry, but I had to add word verification as I got some spam!!)

5 comments:

credit said...

I like your blog.


credit

pcsolotto said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

free lotto game said...

I truly appreciate it.

gambling game lottery said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Robyn :) said...

Yeah, thank you for the comments. However, they sound like spam.