Sunday, August 24, 2008

BKCC #2

That stands for Belinda King Color Challenge (I stole the acronym from Sharon over on Crown's Creations -- love you Sharon!!).

The challenge this week was this....


sorry the picture is fuzzy


As other people on her blog have said -- it turned out to be quite a challenge. For me it was finding something in Teal!!! I have barely anything. In fact, I had the whole card made with barely any teal(some numbers) and then I remembered my stash of paper scraps!!

So, this is what I came up with.....





I did an altered card. For the base I used a card from a Thank You pack I bought at Walmart. That was my "Kiwi Kiss". I then used a strip of black sparkly paper from my stash and another green that kinda matched!! Over that I used a pink from a paper pack from Target for "Rose Red" (this was the easiest color for me to find as it is a pink and I think we all know how I feel about pink LOL!!!). Over that I used a teal for "Taken with Teal" from a Mat Stack from Hobby Lobby and raised it on dimensionals(I forget I have those suckers, too!!). I used 2 stamps from the Embrace Life set from SU(because I had it out -- it's my 2nd favorite!!). I did the leaves and stems in Gable Green(since last week Belinda said we could use that for Kiwi Kiss and I actually have that color in a Stamp 'in Write!!). The flower is stamped in Pink Passion. The leaves and flower are watercolored!!! This was my first time watercoloring on my own!(Sharon and Belinda have showed me before). I used the Stamp 'in Writes for the "color". The final touch is 4 square brads from my stash.

There is no sentiment because there is no room for one. So this card can be used for anything. The design was cased from one of the millions of card's I have saved in a favorites folder labeled CARD IDEAS.

I think I did better this week :)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

So cute Robyn! Love you too!

Kim said...

I agree. This rocks!

Belinda said...

Such a pretty card! Great job using the challenge colors. :) Thanks for playing!

Nenny Derex said...

Hello. I find your blog very interesting. I love decorating houses and I do know a lot about modern trends and furniture. Royal Prestige was my first experience in the field. The company specializes in design, manufacturing and sale of tableware and different products for home. Before doing business with the company, check out this great site www.pissedconsumer.com.