Sunday, August 17, 2008

Card Challenge #1

I read a lot of blogs where people participate in card challenges for different people and websites. I have decided to start participating in one since it is being done by my friend, Belinda (Stamp with Belinda). This is my first time doing this so bear with me.

Okay, here was the challenge....



Unfortunately, I don't have any of these official colors from Stampin Up, BUT THAT"S OKAY because you can use what you have. So here is what I came up with for the first card...



I used some dark purple paper that looks like satin for the background(glued on just regular white notecard). I didn't have sand colored paper, but I did have paper with sand, so I used that!! On the side. I thought the water looked kind of like the purple color, too. Then I used a square of the sand and used decorative scissors to cut one side. I stamped "EMBRACE LIFE" from the Embrace Life stamp set from Stampin Up on a piece of light green card stock. I didn't use, ink, but I used Lovely lilac Stampin' Write pen and then went over the letters with the pen.

I decided to make another card so I came up with this....


I know someone turning 50 next month. Okay, so for this one I used for the background some sand themed paper. Then I layered the purple satin over that. i found a little scrap of paper from the Bali Breeze collection from Stampin Up which may actually be the Old Olive color we were challenged to use!! The 50 uses adhesive letters I had in brown, and I colored over them in Lovely Lovely Lilac. The flowers on the purple I am quite pround of. First I stamped them in Lovely Lilac(pen) and then I "painted" over the branches with a very fine brush(Walmart sells a great assortment of brushes in a bag -- all kinds of sizes) using Drew Dop Brilliance chalk ink in Thyme. Then I went over the buds with my Lovely Lilac pen.

I am not sure if there is a limit on how many cards I can submit, but I actually only want to submit this one because it looks so much better (don't you think?). I am quite amaturish at this, too, but that's okay because I don't plan on selling the cards!! (I'll leave that to KIM). They are just for personal use.

Oh, and about the pictures -- I forgot to crop the background out of the first one so you can see my craft room. In the second I got wise and took the picture outside in natural light and on a white table(I forgot to take the other one out there as well!!)!! Another reason I am just submitting that one :)

Okay, so now I have to figure out what I am going to do next!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute! You go girl!

Belinda said...

Great job on both cards! :) Thanks for participating!