Sunday, August 17, 2008

Channeling Wierd Al

Sometimes I really hate the music my husband listens to. Something I tend to do when i don;t like a song is make up my own lyrics to it. It drives him crazy!! usually they end up mot rhymimg and just going off. Other times I will actually try to rhyme with the real lyrics. My husband's biggest complaint about this is that he says what I am making up doesn't make any sense. Sometimes he is right -- it doesn;t. But I think I had a good idea with the Foo Fighters song "Let It Die" so i looked up the actual lyrics and have attempted to make up my own paraody ala Weird Al...

EAT MY PIE

Crust of gold and juicy inside
A piece of heaven in disguise
Just couldn't wait to take that first bite
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?

Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?
Saved it for later when I had some time
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?

Looked so good I could have cried
Greedy, hungry
Your stomach overtook your pride
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?
Saved it for later when I had some time
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie?

Could I ever think you'd be..
So inconsiderate?
Couldn't actually believe...
You're inconsiderate

Saved it for a better time
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie
A piece of heaven in disguise
Why'd you have to go and eat my pie
Your stomach overtook your pride

Why'd you have to go and eat my pie
Could I ever think you'd be..
So inconsiderate?
Couldn't actually believe...
You're inconsiderate

No comments: