Monday, August 25, 2008

Fish, Factor Rainbows, and more Funky Tummy Troubles


My husband went fishing with Kenny yesterday(while Mandy and I stayed with the kids at their house) and he caught me a delicious bass(hee hee!!). Okay, not really. They caught delicious catfish and had a couple bass given to them.



Aren't they just the cutest things???? I know, they're dead, but still. Kenny showed me how to clean and scale(the bass) and cut and skin(the catfish) them and I took pictures to make a little instructional book for myself. It's pretty easy, but still. I cooked the catfish up tonight using a sweet and sour chicken kit, but substituted the fish for the chicken. It literally melted in your mouth!! Yumm. We are saving the bass for a fish fry.

Today at school in 5th grade math we learned about factor rainbows. It helps with finding the factors of numbers keeping the numbers organized. I am pretty sure I wasn't taught this in school as I would have loved it!! It is so neat. I want to make some just for fun. The teacher also taught his favorite math trick, which happened to be my favorite math trick, and that is how to find out if any number is divisible by 3. You add up the numbers and if that is divisible by three then the number is divisible by 3. You can keep breaking it down to get a number you recognize as divisible by 3.

I woke up last night at 4:30am with a tummy ache. I went to the bathroom and the pain was excrutiating. I dont know if it was gas or what. I did eat a lot of junk this weekend so that may have had something to do with it(and a coke before bed), especially after eating better during the week and adding a lot of veggies. I think my body just rebelled. I almost passed out from the pain and I threw up. Needless to say it was hard to go back to sleep.

I debated going to work this morning. My stomach still hurt and I felt a little nauseous, too, but I think part of that was from hunger. I took tylenol and decided that I would rather try to go and tough it out until the tylenol hopefully kicked in instead of waiting to see if it did. This is a testament of how much I love my job because with any other job I would have just stayed home. But I just couldn't stand the thought of not being with my classes and seeing all the kids. I had one tense moment when my stomach started hurting and another where I felt sick because I hadn't eaten much, but I made it through and it was a great day!! We started reading groups today, too.

Now, I know you are thinking, maybe she is pregnant, but let me tell you I have had some wicked PMS the past few days so I don't think so!!

I quoted a movie in this post(sort of). Can you tell me which movie?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Okay, I give you major props for cleaning those fish if you have tummy issues!

Robyn :) said...

I was fine at that time(just hungry!! I didn't do any of the cleaning -- Kenny did. I watched and took pictures so I can do it when TJ and/or I go fishing. Then we had pizza and I think that and all the coke I drank and the junk from Saturday conspired to make my tummy hurt.