Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Fabulous Scrapbook Store Tour in Eastern Nebraska!!

After getting about 4 hours of sleep on Thursday night, I left early Friday morning(8:30am) for my 2 day trip up to Omaha.




Of course I fortified myself for the trip with a red bull and cupcakes!!

First I headed to Manhattan to turn in library books and then I was on my way! When I got to Marysville about an hour later I had to use the bathroom really bad, but couldn't find a gas station! So I found the next best thing -- a library!!

Then I drove on and crossed the border and stopped at my first crafty store of the day in Beatrice, Nebraska ...

Stamper's Attic. It was literally in the attic of this home! The owner was so nice and helpful. I bought quite a bit here. She had a bunch of stamps on clearance.

The next stop was down the street in Downtown Beatrice...

Once Upon a Page. This is was where I began the Heartland Hop. You buy a passport for $5.00 and then get it stamped at each store you go to. You also get a 15% discount everywhere. If you go to all the stores you get entered in a drawing!! One at your home store and one for all of them!! Most of the stores also give you a handmade tag. This one didn't -- I think she forgot!!

I stopped at the world's fastest McDonalds in Beatrice to use the bathroom and get a Happy Meal. Seriously, they were superfast there!!

After Beatrice I headed up to Lincoln and to my 3rd store ....

Scrap Your Heart Out. I don't remember much of this store, but I got my first tag.



My second Lincoln store was Ben Franklin Too

It is all scrapbooking and stamp stuff. It wouldn't all fit in the regular Ben Franklin store!!! There was so much more I wanted to look at and get there, but I had a lot more stores to visit!!

I got this tag...


That did it for Lincoln. The next store was in Waverly....

Kubellen Crafts. The lady here was also very nice and helpful with directions to the next store :) Here is the tag I got..


Before the next store I came across this awesome little place...

It is a little beach halfway between Lincoln and Omaha(hence the name). It looked like so much fun!!

The next store was in Gretna at the outlet mall...

Precious Treasures. Thye had a little dog in the store!! Also, i want to scrapbook at this store!! When they have crops you can wear boas and hats!! They are in the crop room!! They gave out this cute tag..


The next store was in Omaha...

The Scrapbook Store. They were a couple doors down from a Russell Stovers store!! And across the street from a rather large Nebraska Furniture mart(city was more like it -- I think it was attached to the factory!!) This store gave me this really cute tag -- my favorite!!


After that was Magnelson's....

This is like a Michael's. I was overwhelmed. It even had it's own cafe!! I could not process this store and bought like a glue pen only!! They didn't have tags.

Next stop was Yesterday's Scrapbooking...

I believe this was the store with the nicest lady ever!! She gave me a 20% discount for coming all the way from Kansas AND a free gift!!! Here is the tag, too..


At this point I need to mention that I am missing a picture of one of the stores... Scrapbook Central. That may have been the store with the nice lady!! Here is the tag....


My last stop of the day was this place in Blair...

This sucker was very hard to find!!! I had to call them!!!! The one owner looked exactly like William Hurt. I am not kidding. He could be his twin. He gave me directions to get to my motel the easiest way :) Here is the tag....


Next stop was my motel. I was exhausted!!!


On Saturday I went to Archivers(a huge scrapbooking store) for an album class. The class was awesome AND they even provided nice adhesive to use and tons of tools!! I didn't get a picture because it was in a shopping center and I didn't want to look stupid standing on the sidewalk snapping a picture! I am definitely going back there, too because right across the street was a Kona Grill!! TJ and I like that place :)

Next I went to the temple(I will talk about this and have pictures in another blog), then got dinner at mcDonalds and then to my last store on the way home...

It was in Bellevue. That's south of Omaha. I finally got to see downtown Omaha!! It is not that big and there are few tall buildings. When I got off the highway I went the wrong way and almost ended up in Iowa!! Luckily there was a toll bridge and I wasn't going to pay to cross it just to find out I went the wrong way!! I have not taken a picture of the tag yet.

I headed home a new way which was down HWY 75 to I-70. I am not sure if it was quicker, longer or the same, but at least it was a change of scenery!! It was more direct, but a little boring. I was also anxious to get home to TJ and Scout.

I am proud to say that I am now quite familiar with the main roads of Northeast Omaha. I would like to live in Eastern Nebraska because of all the awesome scrapbook stores!!

So, the total was 13 stores. 11 scrapbook stores, one general craft store and one stamping store. 11 stores on the Heartland Hop and 2 extras :) 9 tags!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Daang girl! That's a lot of scrapbook stores! (: