Thursday, August 7, 2008

There can only be one

As Stephanie from Homegrown Hospitality wrote on her blog yesterday(about contenders for the Little League World series), "When there are two teams...
someone always wins...and someone has to loose...." (quoted from Stephanie at Homegrown Hospitality)

well......................

THAT WASN"T US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The JC GENERALS beat those Newton Rebels 3-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we advance. We play on Saturday. No time, yet. Or opponent If we lose that, however, we get eliminated. We are still in the losers bracket. Everyone who didn't win their first game is still in the losers bracket. Oh well.

It was exciting to see them win at the World Series! I had a fabulous seat. I sprung for the lower box seat and I was right behind their dugout!! They asked at the ticket window if I wanted to sit on their side(of course!!) and then gave me that seat!!

The game was supposed to start at 10 am, but the game before went to 14 innings so we didn't start until 12:05pm!! It throws off all the games now today. The weather was nice. A few rain drops, some humidity, but most of the time cool.

A few other people from home were there and I got the nice gentleman sitting near me and a kid who was there for the day to root for them too!! LOL Well, they were sitting on their side.

I do have pictures, but I also have a headache so I do not feel up to copying and editing and posting them. I will try to do that tomorrow. I know I also promised pictures of the scrapbook I made. Tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments: