Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To go or not to go.....

I have been debating with myself whether to go to my husband's scouting thing Saturday evening. It is for families so I could go, but I am not sure I want to.

It is from 4-8pm at Moon Lake. I think they have a little meeting first and then there is a barbecue or bonfire(TJ says some kind of fire!)and activities and some fishing.

I was planning all along to go, BUT as I started thinking about it I realized that I don't think I'd really have a good time. Normally I would go for the fishing, BUT you can't really keep the fish and eat them because they have worms(ironic, I know!!). To me this takes all the fun out of it because I want to cook the fish!! Also, we have fished there before and didn't get anything to even throw back!!

I would also go to spend time with my husband, but I don't think he'd be spending all that much time with me because he has to spend time with the scouts.

It would also be nice to just sit by the lake and relax and read, but seriously, how much relaxing can you do with kids running around? Or I should say -- that many kids running around? Remember, this is a family thing so it is not just the scouts -- it is their siblings as well!! Also, will it look like I am antisocial if I just sit there by myself and read? I don't mind it, but I know how it looks.

So the only thing left that sounds appealing is the food and I don't think that is enough of a good reason to go. LOL!!

Now, I know you are probably thinking -- why don't I just help my husband out with the kids and fishing and activities? Well, I work with kids all week long (and I LOVE it) so the weekends are my time off!!

I think I am just going to stay home and veg out with the TV or work on crafts or do some cleaning.

No comments: