Saturday, September 6, 2008

Life in Limbo

I have created a new category on this blog. It is called MOVING. This is the first entry.

Although the government will be paying for professionals to come in and pack everything up and move it just a few blocks to a mile, I am still completely stressed. It is very disconcerting to have someone tell you that you have to uproot your life within a month and then resettle!! I need a place to sort out my thoughts.

As with every move I have experienced, I feel like my life is in LIMBO. Halfway between there and here. Within the next couple of days I will start taking stuff off the walls(because the movers won't do that) just to have it ready. At some point I will be boxing up my craft stuff so it will be somewhat organized for unpacking(I will let the movers put the smaller boxes in a big one for moving). I have some other stuff this may be benefificial with.

I also have an all day scrapbook crop coming up on the 20th. I have already paid for a spot and am very much looking forward to it so I will not cancel!! I will not let them do any moving or packing on that day!! I want to be here when that happens.

Anyway, I was going to go ahead today and get everything together I will be taking for the crop(even though it is 2 weeks away) so I could go ahead and start boxing up the other stuff, but I got a little overwhelmed. I decided to wait until Tuesday when we get our housing and moving day assignment. That way, if we are moving in the next 2 weeks I can get all that stuff together after we move in. If we are moving after I can oprganize that and the other stuff at the same time closer to the crop so I can continue to use stuff. But, again, that makes something else on hold!!

Other things I need to pack and transport myself -- Liquids and perishables. I am going to go ahead and move the bathroom stuff myself. I also need to move the cleaning supplies under the sink and the contents of my refrigerator and freezer. Hopefully I can get that stuff moved the day before the move. i also need to move Scout and his food and litterbox. That will probably be the easiest!!

I also need to get things cleaned and organized. I have a lot of loose stuff in my outside storage that needs to be put in the right boxes!! The bedroom needs to be cleaned up. The other rooms are pretty much okay as I have worked on them recently.

I also need to make sure we have provisions for the movers. Sodas and water, and food. At both ends. Last time I had stuff, but had packed away my cups on this end so all I could offer was Crystal light bottles!! I felt really bad. I also need to find a place to keep Scout out of the way. That will probably be a bathroom, poor thing.

One thing I am looking forward to is a newly clean bathroom!!! The first thing I am going to do is take a long hot bath!!!

Does anyone have any tips for me?

No comments: