Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Movin On Up.....

So, when I got home from work today I had a rather interesting surprise. there was a letter from housing telling me they stopped by to talk about changes that will be happening and to please call so they could set up a time to talk. I did the next best thing...I went to the neighbors'!!

Apparently, they have had too many work orders for these old buildings and it is getting too expensive and they will eventually tear them down anyway so they have decided to speed up the process. They have enough homes open in the Warner and Peterson neighborhoods to move us all within a month.

This is very bittersweet for me. I absolutely love my home and all the space and the awesome view. I love my neighbors.

However, the homes we are moving to are...... 3 BEDROOMS!!!!! That's right -- 3!!!! I get to have my own craft room!! Hopefully with a phone jack for internet!! TJ gets a room for his army stuff and his guitars and his motorcylce stuff!! We will be getting a yard. I can have a garden. We will have 2 bathrooms. We will have an open kitchen.

I am a little overwhelmed right now. There is a meeting next week to give us more info. Of course, this will be a government move so I don't have to pack or anything!! I do have to be here to supervise, though, so I am probably going to take 3 days off of work -- one for the packing, one for the moving(unless they do it the same day), and one for me to unpack.

Another bonus --- the inspection won't be as thorough because they are just going to tear these places down anyway!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Very cool! Sure, if we have extra boxes you are welcome to them. Not sure if we will or not, but I will let you know. We load our truck in just over a week so I will know by then. :)