Friday, October 24, 2008

Love My Livingroom

No, your eyes do not decieve you, I am actually posting about my livingroom like I have been promising!! Please keep in mind that it is now not this neat and clean!!

Here is the view as you come into the house...

You pass though a small entryway(no picure as it was not clean)

We shall start the tour on the left...with the stereo, rockingdog/horse, fam, end table and double windows.

Above the stereo is a picture of Jesus(my favorite) and 2 temples -- Orlando and Atlanta(the first ones each of us went to)....



Next we have the end table and couch

On the couch is the crocheted blanket my cousin, Fran, made us for a wedding present. It has raised crotcheted roses on it.

Here is a picture of the lounging area...

It consists of the couch, love seat and another end table, plus our floor lamp. Above the couch is my beloved bridge picture, which is older than me and hung in both homes(apartment and house) I lived in growing up. It has lights in it :)

Next is the loveseat, side window, small end table and tall bookshelf.

Above the loveseat is our photo collage of our wedding and reception.

We then move onto the 3rd wall, starting from the corner....

We have the tall bookshelf(which houses top to bottom -- game, DVDs, big or wide books, children books and more games)an Spanish style small tile table with album holder above it.

Here is the life center......

The TV, Playstation and album and photoboxes shelving unit(formerly known as the entertainment center).

Moving on we come to my 2 small handmade-by-my-dad bookshelvs...

The first holds my music collection and some video tapes. The second is smaller books and religious books, movies and other stff(mostly LDS). On top of both is pictures of our families and a reading lamp. The picture on the wall is of the sunset over Milford Lake. I took it.

Which brings us to..... THE READING CORNER!!....

Ooooh, ahhhhhhh. This lovely corner features a rocker/recliner(topped with the afghan Grandma Eve{who is not really my grandma, she is my aunt's mom}made us as a wedding present) and another small end table(taken from my childhood home). Behind it is the stairwell and part of the entryway. The picture over the stairwell is the top of the Los Angeles temple and a palm tree that I took and the picture over the chair is one my cousin, Fran, painted before I was born.

And that concludes the tour of my new livingroom!! Stay tuned tomorrow when I attempt to show you my kitchen and storage room.

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

oooooh! Love a good house tour! I love the floors! Very shiny :)!

Kim said...

That is soooo nice! And the floors DO rock. :)

suzanne pena said...

what a pretty room! i love how everything looks! and very nice floor!