Saturday, October 25, 2008

Those Were the Days

I thought I would take a break from my house tour and show you some pictures from my past.

Now, I know that you are probably thinking that I am in my late twenties or early thirties, but, really, I am much older than that. Let's have a look at some old pictures, shall we?

Here I am in 1950...

Photo technology was not very good them and cast a lot of shadows.

1952...

Still got that chin shadow. Not sure why I thought this hairdo was cute.

1954...

A little too severe, I think. Guess I was going for that librarian look.

1958...

Now I look more like a teacher, don't you think? And I went darker.

1960....

Went back to the librarian look, but the hair is a little better.

1962...

I am especially proud of being able to pull off this hairdo. Makes me look so much younger.

1966...

I was going for that hairspray look Tracy Turnblatt made so popular on the Corny Collins Show.

1968....

A flip suits me, don't you think? I was going for a cross between Mary Tyler Moore and Gidget.

1970...

I took the flip a little too far. Makes my chin look incredibly flat and straight. And what's with the pearls? This must be from my country club days.

1974...

I really wanted to look like Marcia Brady. I still have that wierd chin thing, though. I look like a Barbie who's head thingy broke off.

1976...

I really don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I was tryng to go for a Farrah Fawcett look and ended up with Mary from Eight Is Enough.

1978....

Now this one is downright embarrassing!! I can't believe I got talked into that. And I also spent a little too much time in the tanning bed, apparently.


1980....

Did I learn nothing from 1978?????

1984....


Getting in touch wth my inner Rockstar Groupie.

The rest of the 80's were very unkind to me :(

I rebounded in 1990, though, with this...

Remember when we did our bangs like that and thought they were cool?

1994...

The year I got my crimping iron.

Then I got my flat iron and in 1996 I looked like this...

I also went blond.

1998....

I finally learned to tone it down, but unfortuantely I added another tone!!!

2000....

I went back to being a blond with bangs. I really like this one. Not sure why I didn't keep it????

Hope you enjoyed these. Next time I will share some old photos of my husband.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! And the funny thing is that I was trying to remember your hair from the '80s and '90s!