Saturday, October 25, 2008

What's Cookin' in My Kitchen?

Well, nothing at the moment or in these photos, but I thought you'd all like to see what it looks like -- when it's clean.

First we have the view as you come in from the diningroom....


BTW, this is the bottom floor of my home.

We will start loking more closely at the kitchen starting with the left....

I have my spice-rack, oven mitts, and the pantry. Okay, it's intended purpose is an outdoor garden storage unit, but it works as a pantry, too!!

Next is a side view of the pantry and my awesome refrigerator....


Here is a close-up of the refrigerator...

The top half has important things on it like the school lunch menu, grocery list, Schwan's list, picture a kiddo at school made for me and various decorative magnets and other things. The bottom has my magnet collection with my name spelled correctly and pictures. If you send me a picture with your Christmas card It will most likely end up on my refrigerator. Right now I have some favorite photos like me in the snow in the mountains above Palm Springs, friends, dressed up bananas in their seatbelts in the back of my car, and my mom with a decapitated turkey/lamb cake head on a plate in one hand and a huge knife in the other.

Here is why my refrigerator is awesome...

It not only has an ICE MAKER and a SHELF in the freezer, it also has solid, spillproof, adjustable shelves in the main part!!! Yahoo!!! It's modern!!

Moving On....

Past the door to the laudry room is where my incredible counterspace begins...

You can see my brand new trash can, old but reliable microwave(I won that sucker back in California!!)with cookbook collection, toaster and bread machine(which I have had 2 years now and still have not used!!).

Next up is the cabinet space above.

I really love that it is light wood, but it is built kind of weird and one goes behind the other so it is hard to get to things in the back. All of the cabinets are like this.

Here are a couple of little knick knacks(and a halloween decoration)......

I have a lot of extra space!! And yes, that is a cactus plant. I got it at the L.A. Arboretum.

Next we have the doublesinks and double windows...

They do have a nice view.

Here is another corner with some small appliance type stuff...

Skillet, salad chopper, blender, silverware caddy, and openers.

Here's a better view....


Which brings us to the stove/oven.....

I hate the stove/oven. Yes, it is new and nice, but it is GAS. Gas scares me. I'm afraid it will leak. I am afraid to light candles in the house because of this thing. Plus it takes longer than an electric oven to heat up!!

Well, that is my kitchen. Come back later for a look at my guest bathroom. You will be tickled pink, he he.

1 comment:

suzanne pena said...

you're kitchen is well appointed! gas stove may seem scary and cook longer, but it cooks more evenly. once you get used to it, it really is better than electric. if it's new, there is less chance for there to be a leak. i hope you will be able to enjoy it.