Monday, November 3, 2008

Braving the Wilds of Kansas for Halloween

Despite the fact that we did not dress up at school, it was an awesome day because we had an all day field trip to Milford Lake.

I was with the 3rd grade and first thing we did was take a Hayrack Ride to the Monster Myth trail

I had better pictures of the hayrack, but to protect the privacy of the kiddos and coworkers I am only showing the one above and the view from it.



On the trail we learned about all kinds of things like

Turkey Vultures from a witch...


Wild animals and their skins and skulls from Little Red Riding Hood...


Kansas wildlife facts from a troll...

(I actually know that guy -- he goes to my church)

Snakes from a Swami...


Owls from a wizard...


That sucker is real!!!!

and insects from a weird spider lady...

and her "sister"

She also made us come through her web...


We also saw interesting things like....

Leaves changing colors...


Ghosts...


and bushes that reminded me of Christmas!!


There was also a fairy taking pictures for the local newspaper. I did not get a picture of her.

Then we went back on the hayrack and ate lunch, had a scavenger hunt, roasted marshmallows

sang campfire songs and played.

It was really nice for the kids and the adults!!

No comments: