Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cali Trip 2007 -- Driving Through Colorado.

Last November, TJ and I took a 10-day trip to California and back. We drove. Going there we took I-70 through Kansas, Colorado, and Utah, where we then picked up the 15 and that took us down through Arizona(that was a shock!!), Nevada, and California and then we took a series of So Cal freeways and roads.

Today I will start with the beginning and Colorado.

We left at Midnight, when the leave began...


After signing out we drove all night through Kansas and stopped at our first Colorado rest stop at daybreak...



We went through Denver just ahead of morning rush hour and then into the beautiful Rocky Mountains.....

To our surprise they had snow!!

This is what the canyons in the Rocky Mountains looked like...

Just awesome.

Tunnels were built right into the mountain, also....


We stopped in Vail for breakfast. It was not as glamorous as you might think. For one, the city was under construction. Two, it was hard to get around. Three, we ate at McDonalds and the service wasn't too good, BUT they did have hot chocoalte.

Then we were back on the road to see some more of these magnificent sights...

The Amazing canyons

River along the highway...


Rest stop by the river...


The highway and canyon behind TJ...


Me by the river...


Then it was back on the road....


and out of the mountians and across the plains of Western Colorado...

into Utah, where I will continue tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

you know, I have been to the McDonalds in Vail too, the service sucked when I was there as well. What does that tell you? Don't go to McDonalds in Vail.... hehehe

Jennifer P. said...

Looooong trip! I would have slept the whole way :)! You got some gorgeous pictures though :)

Robyn :) said...

I did sleep a bit in Western Colorado, but made my husband wake me when we were crossing the Utah border.