Friday, November 14, 2008

Cali Trip 2007 -- Laguna Beach and the Block at Orange

After our trip down to San Diego County to Camp Pendleton and Oceanside Harbor, we drove back up the coast via to my most favorite place on earth -- Laguna Beach. I have loved LB ever since a date took me there one evening and then I went back on a date with another person and several other dates and with friends. I was excited to finally take TJ there!!

The first thing we did was go to Dietrichs for hot chocoalte because it was getting kinda chilly. Then we went to the beach to watch the sunset, but it was too hazy. I did brave the water...


and TJ posed for pictures...

Looking West

Looking East with the town behind him...


Then we took a series of self portraits...




This one is my favorite...


After the beach we walked through the town a bit and went to Laguna Drug, which was more than a drugstore -- it was also a gift shop. They also happened to be having an open house that night to raise money for schools so they we handing out free candy canes(from a woman dressed as Mrs. Claus!!) and had some free food. TJ bought a looooooooonnnnnng stocking cap and I bought this little chicken keychain that lays an egg!! It was a really nice store and was opened right after I left California.

After Laguna Beach we headed to the Block at Orange. Unfortuantely I didn't take any pictures. It is an outdoor mall with a lot of entertainment stuff. We went to the Virgin Records megastore and Ron Jon's Surf Shop. I also showed TJ the skate park. Then we went to my most favorite store there --- Hilo Hattie's!! It is all Hawaiian stuff. I bought a couple little things there like salt and earrings. Then we had dinner at Johnny Rockets.

Then we went back home.

Next I will tell you about our trip into L.A. and the "culture" we experienced.

No comments: