Friday, November 7, 2008

A Crafty Place To ...Well, Craft!!!

Something I have wanted for awhile now is a craft room. Ever since I have seen other people's online I have wanted one. I first set up a corner in our massive livingroom at the old house next to my computer, but it looked cluttered there so I decided to covert our diningroom into one. The only problem was that there was no phone outlet for the DSL for the computer. And I look at projects online to "copy" them. I dealt with this by photographing the projects and then viewing them on my camers, but the pictures would not stay up very long!!.

When we were forced to move we were given a home with 3 bedrooms!! One, of course, was our bedroom, another was a guest room/TJ's stuff room and the 3rd became my coveted craft room!! Here is what I did with it....

As you come in...


The computer desk with a poem my Aunt Lou wrote about my father's roses(he grew and maintained lovely rosebushes) above it.....


My desk-turned-shelving unit.....

On top is my carebear collection.. On the middle half shelf is my yellow carebear collection. In the cubby below are my journals, stories, poems, etc. In the big cubby is my printer and behind it are catalogs and big brochures. I also have a little red drawer thing with some office supplies in it and my college diploma and some memorabilia.

The corner...

You can see I put a little play cube there for Scout. I also have a stand with a drawer holding some stuff and below is some more stuff and my brochure notebook. And I have Scout's paw prints and a picture.

My cedar chest.....

This belonged to my grandmother. When she bought it it was black and my mom stripped it and found that beautiful wood underneath. This was like in the 1960s. It was in my grandma's room. I took it when I moved to Florida. I hold it to store duplicate photos, old newspapers, old papers and school stuff of mine, unused picture frames, photo negatives and CD's, stuff like that. I am using the top to spread out scrapbooks I am working on. The picture you see is of the Orlando LDS Temple at night and it is on tile and glazed over. So pretty.

Above the cedar chest.....

These are paintings I did when I took painting in college. The one on the left is kind of an abstract of a view of trees and bushes at Huntington Gardens in California. The middle is a view of the mountains from a backyard in Turnbull Canyon in California. On the right is a view at night from my mom's house of a bush in front of our house, and a tree down the street. I left out the houses. I realize it looks like a charred tree and a fire, which makes it kinda cool!!

My scrapbook supply corner shelf. I absolutely love that thing.


My craft table and view from my window...

As you can see, my cat loves to lie on the table. he is there right now, though it is cluttered and his head is on my CM photocutter!!!
The chair is covered with the daisy afghan my grandma made before I was born.

Another corner...

Above the windows is a nice picture of Jesus(I have a picture of Jesus in every room), another painting I did of the view of trees out my dorm room window, and my JC Generals pennant.

Another shelving unit...

This one holds projects, pictures waiting to be used, my scrap/sticker folders, asnd paper holders, plus some scrapbook magazines. The picture behind it is from the Hulk ride at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Florida. Scout's scratching post is beside it, but he never uses it.

Next we have the smallest closet in the house....

I keep other craft stuff in here, my important papers and files, some writing stuff, and bags to use to take my stuff to crops.

My exercise bike....

It is covered with another daisy afghan I bought at a thrift shop to match the one my grandma made!! It's the same pattern only they made the daisies bigger. Above it is a photo collage of pictures of me with my cousins, Melissa and Laura, who are like sisters to me.

My schedule behind the door....

I need to revise it.

Next up will be the spare room.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I stumbled up upon your blog and I just wanted to say I love the craft room! I am dying for one of my own and yours is so well organized. :)

Kim said...

Can I move in? ;)

Robyn :) said...

I guess I should also mention that it is not looking this nice anymore!! Still organized, but there is stuff on the table and also on the floor thanks to my cat!!

suzanne pena said...

your craft room is really nice. it looks like there is some good light coming in from the windows. what a great place to create!