Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fine Dining - Room

I finally finished it!! After 2 months of using it as a storage space and just plain neglecting it, I finally got my diningroom set up last night!! Here it is...


Let's have a closer look, shall we?

Shared wall with kitchen...

I relocated my temple picture collage from the stairway. One shelf holds a bit of my grandma's pitcher collection, the other 2 cups and saucers.

Corner....

I also relocated the rocking horse. The shelf has our Harley Shop shot glasses.

Back wall..

Window looks out at the backyard. The thing above the window is a little chalkboard decoarted with hearts and it says "A wedding is an event, but a marriage is an achievement"

Small dining table...

We can use my craft table for more seating if needed.

Another corner...

Above shelf has more shot glasses. Above that is a picture of me and TJ from our honeymoon. In the corner is a ceramic popcorn bowl I use as a wastepaper basket.

Bookcase with collections...

On top is stuff from Knott's Berry Farm. The first shelf is an assortment of glasses and a picture of me and my best friend, Bonnie. The middle is half of my Coke glass collection and the bottom is the green coke glasses and bottles and my Pepsi glasses.

Side wall...

Window looks at our duplex mate's diningroom window!! On the left is our military shot glass collection, above the window is another temple picture and on the right are Las Vegas shot glasses(where I actually started my shot glass collection!!).

Double corner...

I relocated my tile table and put my light and sound waterfall picture on it and a Christmas kleenex box. Above that is....

A huge portion of my shotglass collection!!! Can you believe they ALL used to fit on this? The top has Kansas shotglasses. They continue to the second shelf with Missouriones and continue with states that have Route 66 going through them. The second to last is California and the bottom is Florida. Hanging on the sides are 2 miniature bear mugs that are older than me and my dad would but 7-up in for me when I was a kid. Hanging on the bottom is one that Conny brought me back from Germany and one from Disney World.

Last we have yet another corner....

The bathroom and storm-shelter-closet-under-the-stairs(right now it is being used as storage until I can get it organized!!) doors and a picture of Jesus.

The corners in this room are weird as there really isn't one where the stairs come down, but there are 2 right next to each other!!

I also had a small zebra collection that was my Aunt Lou's to put in this room, but there was no more room!!! i moved it into the guest bathroom in the cubby beneath the cabinet in there.

If I ever get pregnant and have a baby, this room will have to double as a craft room. Yikes!!

2 comments:

Kath said...

I could really do with buying a new dining table and chairs. I've had mine for about 10 years now!
I've seen some really nice wooden sets in the littlewoods sale that I might wait and buy after Christmas.

Yours looks very funky.

Robyn :) said...

I actually got mine at a garage sale for $30.00. It is the first real diningroom set I have ever had.