Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm getting a bit irritated

Okay, seriously, do people not realize that we have a Senate , House of Representatives and a Supreme Court that also make decisions that affect the country? That, yes, the President leads us, but that the other 2 branches of government(legislative and judicial)have to approve(I think?) some of those decisions????

Twice to day I have heard people bring up the fact that they think now that a Democrat is President that we will not be able to own or buy guns.Um, yeah. that's just going to automatically happen because Barack Obama wants it to!!!

I had to explain to a 4th grader this morning who was under the impression that we would not be able to own guns and protect ourselves that this has been an issue for years and it probably won't happen, that a law like that would also have to be passed in the House and Senate.

I am seeing bulletins posted on the same subject over on MySpace!! One even went so far as to say we wouldn't even be able to hunt anymore!!

Gun Control has been a political issue for YEARS. It was an issue back during the Clinton administration. Did they pass a law outlawing guns? No. It's not something that is just going to pass overnight. Or will be passed on the say so of one person.

I understand that people are disappointed that McCain did not win, but it does not mean that the US is going to fall apart. I was disappointed when Bush won his second term, but I did not think the US was doomed, for goodness sakes.

This is a democracy, not a dictatorship. Obama does not have ALL the power.

Okay, I am going to go back to posting about my house now.

No comments: