Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Worth It!!!!

I spent 15 minutes in the sleet this morning putting signs in the car windows and tying ribbon on the antenna to show my support of the Blue Jays. I drove an hour in the rain to get to Topeka. I sat for about 4 hours in a steady freezing light rain to support our Blue Jays in the State Championship. Here is how it went...

They were doing warm ups on the field when I arrived...

The other team arrived at the same time I did. I had the pleasure of seeing them get off of their bus as I walked by and their signs that said "Make History". Okaaaaayyyyy.

Team huddle...

They did this like 5 times during the course of the afternoon/evening.

Then they went to the locker room for awhile. I should mention I was sitting with my friend, Diane, from work and her son who is a senior and was wearing an awesome kilt. We sat in the back row so we could escape to the concessions and bathroom easily. Later the 5th grade teacher I work with came and stood behind us. This proved useful as I didn't understand some things and he coaches elementary age football. So I asked him stuff :) I also cheered like crazy, even when I had no idea what happened, but I figured if our side was cheering it was something good!

I was nice and bundled up...


I had on long johns, a t-shirt, jeans, blue sweater, white sweater, army jacket with hood, cap under that, 2 pairs of gloves, socks and boots, plus I sat on a blue afghan my granny made and was covering my legs with a blanket. Yet my hands and feet still froze to the point of pain.

Here is the team "officially" coming to the field..


Another huddle...


Warming up....


This sign from the other side cracked me up....

Um, we don't call ourselves J-City. Thanks. this sign fell down before halftime, too :)

Lined up to be introduced, one by one....


Oh look, another huddle....


Kick-off...


Some kind of play...


Getting ready....

for a....

TOUCHDOWN!!!!! That was the first one and we made it. Plus the kick so we had 7 points. After halftime they got a touchdowm plus kick so it was tied. Then we made another touchdown, but messed up the kick so it was 13-7. Then they made a touchdown plus a kick so it was 14-13!! I said take a good look at that scoreboard because that will be the last time you will see yourselves ahead of us!! sure enough, we scored another touchdown!! Tried that 2 point pass thing, but didn't make it so we were at 19-14. We didn't make any more touchdowns.

Neither did they.



Those our our 2008 State Champions -- JUNCTION CITY BLUE JAYS!!!!!!

Final score(19-14)...


and a Victory Huddle....

4 comments:

Starshine said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today! Fun to read that you're into scrapbooking. :) I used to scrap constantly, but now with the advent of the internet, I'm more into making photo books through Kodak Gallery. :)

Happy weekend!

Jessica said...

Awww..wonderful!! Congratulations!!

Sharon said...

Go Jays!!!

Jennifer P. said...

You are a TRUE FAN!!! Glad they won!