Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick Or Treating Redecorating!!

As is usually the case when I hand out candy to trick or treaters, I did a bit of redecorating. With the help of my husband , of course. This is how our late afternoon progressed...

I got home from work(didn't go to afterschool program)and found TJ wasn't home. I called him and let him know I needed his help as I only had an hour to get ready!!

The first thing I put out was this guy(stuffed him the night before with packing paper)....

I also hastily drew faces on my pumpkins with a Sharpie as I was too lazy to carve them!!

TJ put up this spider web...


I decided to sit outside to make it easier for the kids(our door opens out) so I moved some stuff outside by me..


Scout decided he wanted to help.....


Then TJ decided to take charge of the pumpkin man....


First he got a chair and lost his head.....


Then he got boots.....


Then a bag(no idea why).....


He also gradually got more stuffing with leaves so he got his head back, plus another one....


Finally he got some hair...

This was about 15 minutes before we ran out of candy. TJ also reported that several times the kids came up to the pumpkin man for candy!! He is looking forward to doing this again next year. Scout was also a big hit and he LOVED being outside so much. I wish he would have worn his costume, though.

We still have pumpkin man out. TJ wants to do a Santa Claus(I told him he better start saving leaves!!) and we are trying to figure out ways to do the head.

I already have plans for next Halloween. Since it will be on a Saturday I want to have a party. The people with kids can take them trick or treating and the rest of us can hand out candy and entertain/scare people!! I want to decorate our whole driveway, porch, and shed like a haunted house.

I love that we finally live somewhere where there are trick or treaters and we can get creative with the decorating!!

Oh, and in case you were wondering what I was, I was an alien who was also a Blue Jays fan!!

Oh, and I saw 3 kiddos from school last year who moved on post this year!! That was awesome. Plus our old downstairs neighbors from the apartment.

No comments: