Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Blogging World

Lately I have been thinking about how great the blogging world is. When I started blogging I did it just because I wanted to be able to talk about stuff with the theory that other people were listening, even if they weren't.

The only other blog I read was my friend,Kim's. From there, I started looking at the blogs she had listed that she read and then just kept branching out. Some I still read, some I don't.

Somewhere along the line more people started reading my blog. Not sure how they found me, but they did. Well, actually, I think I found a couple first and another found me through just looking and another through someone else's, etc. And in turn, I discovered their awesome blogs. Now I have "blog" friends -- people I know just through our blogs :) And they are such awesome people. I learn so much from them and so many different things.

Today I saw a comment on one of the blogs that I read from another blogger I read and I kind of wondered if one found the other through reading my blog and I thought, how awesome is that??? Not only are more people reading my blog, they are finding other blogs through me -- which is how I find most of the blogs I read.

Isn't it wonderful how blogging can connect such a diverse group of people?

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

It IS awesome! I love seeing how little "blogging circles" form! Some of my very first bloggy friends (like Steph the Crockpot Lady and the Nester) have gone on to be downright famous! It's just too fun :)!

Jessica said...

It is really great! I never expected my blog to be read at all. So, I definitely did't expect friendships to develop! It's wonderful! :)

Pienovski said...

I can only agree with what has been said. I started the blogging this June when things started to go bad in my life. I didn't really expect anyone to read it, but I felt it was my way of "getting it out". Plus I always loved writing.

Since then little by little the blogging world has opened up to me. So many times I have been reading comments and other people's blogs with tears in my eyes. It is so wonderful! The passion to write brought all of us together and we can learn so much from each other, even if we are geographically located in the extremes of this globe. It is such a blessing.

I really love your blog Robyn. Thank you for inspiring these thoughts!

Love Ida