Monday, December 22, 2008

Building Memories

So, today, we were lucky enough that TJ did not have a funeral and we could go down to Wichita. However, I did have to wait for him to go to funeral practice and get the van worked on. So I watched some TV...

And Scout watched out the window....

Check out my cool socks...

Then I started to get tired of waiting....

Finally TJ called and asked me to pick him up from where the van was because no one went with him to bring himback to his car!! grrrrr.

Anyway, we finally got on the road about 12pm. Here is the view from Hwy 77...


The roundabout to get on Hwy 50 in Florence...


Getting on I-135 in Newton..


First, we wanted to stop here...

but the darn place is closed on Mondays!!! grr

So we headed on down to the mall which was hard to get to because of all the road construction. grrr again.

We finally got there and headed to Build A Bear. After much though we decided to get a penguin...


We stuffed him up...

but had to take some out because he was too stuffed in the mid section...

Then TJ got this lovely butt shot while I fluffed and brushed him...

I named him PJ Penguin because we dressed him in plaid pajamas!!!

Here he is with his new family....


After Build-A-Bear we went to the food court so I could get this....

Orange Julius!!! Seriously, this is the only place I know of in Kansas to get one.
Then we went to some other stores.

After we found this place to go eat...

A salad and soup buffet!!! We love those. Again, this is the only place I have seen one in Kansas. I loved the planters outside...


We took a quick trip inside Toys R Us to look around. God help us when we start to have kids, especially a girl!! We wanted to buy everything. I seriously considered buying a Wii, but didn't. Next year.

On the way home we went through the city of El Dorado...

I'd like to back sometime and explore. It was a cute town.
I took this picture as we passed a lighted tree...


Somewhere between El Dorado and Florence TJ wasn't watching his speed and we got pulled over!!! He got his first speeding ticket ever!! Good thing we did nto buy that Wii!! The court fees in Marion County are higher than here(I still don;t understand why we have to pay those if we don't go to court). We won't fight it though because we know we were speeding and it is too far to go just to get our money's worth in court fees!!

All in all, though, it was a fun day. Tomorrow we are heading over to Manhattan because I need to return library books. I wanted to go by myself so i could get TJ a playstation game at Gamestop(so much for the limit on gifts!!), but he wants to come too!! grrrr. Later we will be delivering some Christmas cookies.

We are supposed to gte a little more snow, too!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

While listening to Twisted Sister sing Silver Bells (LOL!!), I couldn't help but notice that you only had a jacket on. Are you nuts?? Isn't it like 10 degrees there?? :)

Robyn :) said...

I had on a tank top, hooded shirt, sweater and sweatshirt :) I was pretty much protected.