Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My World Today

I stayed home from work today, not because of this....


But because of this.....

I was sick. I went to the doctor yesterday morning and was cleared to go back to work for the rest of the day and got medicine, but at the end of the day I was starting to get achy and hot and ended up with a fever of 100.

When I woke up this morning I was coughing pretty bad(more than yesterday) and my chest and throat was hurting. Plus it was snowing. No snow day, though, because, apparently, in this district, there has to be a blizzard or loss of electricity at the schools!! Actually, the snowing part wasn't so much the problem as was the single digit temperatures. So I called in sick. And rested all day.

This was my view for the morning and part of the afternoon...



Yes, I am reading Twilight. Vampire stories are normally not my thing, but I had someone give a good explanation of what the story is about and it actually sounded interesting so I bought it on Black Friday. I figured that if I didn't like it I would aDD it to my sister in law's gifts, but it is a good read. Not sure i want to see the movie. It kind of looks silly.

Okay, anyway, in the late afternoon this became my view from the bedroom...

It was a good snow. It started late last night and did not stop until this evening. It was really gentle, too. Hopefully it lasts awhile. Maybe unt
il Christmas if we don;t get anymore. Or until I feel better so I can actually play in it!!


Doesn't that blanket of white look inviting????

My husband took this while he was out..


Anyway, apparently all the rest today worked because I am feeling so much better. My coughing has subsided considerably. My throat and chest still hurt a bit, but less since I took Tylenol. I am also still battling a 99 degree temperature, but that may also be because of the heat in the house. I think I will have no problem going to work tomorrow(staying there might pose a challenge, though, ha ha!!).

Before I go... Thank you to everyone who has been leaving me such nice comments :) I agree with Starshine that leaning trees have more personality. And thank goodness I have a corner holding him up!! He got a good view of the snow, too.

And for Jennifer P., I like to give innanimate objects names. It drives my husband crazy!! I always name stuffed animals, vehicles and Christmas trees :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I miss the snow. Our Christmas day forecast is supposed to be 61 degrees and mostly sunny. How backwards is that? So much for a white Christmas! *sigh* Hope you feel better soon!

Kim said...

Feel better! I'm mailing your tags today.

Jessica said...

I hope you get to feeling better! How awful not to get to enjoy the snow! I'm praying for a white Christmas, but I'm afraid it's just going to rain. :(