Thursday, December 25, 2008

Old and New for Christmas Eve

Yesterday was the best Christmas Eve that I can remember in a long time(well, except for the year I worked at the Home Depot Call Center and my name was in the first group to go home early and I was able to go down to my cousin's house for dinner and then discovered we were having Filet Mignion and lobster tail for dinner!! But this one was still better).

First I slept in (always a good thing!!). Then I watched TV(can't remember what now, though!!). Then I put some Christmas cookie plates together and we went out to deliver them!! I have not done this in years(well, last year I did, but not on Christmas Eve and just to deliver, not visit). This was always a traditioon in my family that we would bake stuff and then on Christmas Eve deliver it to our cousins' and visit them.

I dressed festively for the day...


We started with some people from church. TJ knows then because he is one of their Home Teachers, but I had never really met them. It was nice to get to know the wife(husband is deployed) and meet her kids and I got to hold and play with her baby and I got him to sleep!!

After that we went to my friend, Sarah's, house, but she wasn't home so I left her cookies on the porch swing!! Then I went to my friend, Mary's, house. I had never actually met her in person before. I met her on Myspace. She was having a little get together with the neighbors and invited us to join them. We had a really nice time!! She and her husband were so nice and their neighbors were awesome. That really made my Christmas Eve, let me tell you.

Next we went into town to get a picture of this....

I almost forgot!! I think the wind has pretty much almost blown the outfit off of him!! And it was a bonus to get the temperature in the shot. It was quite chilly yesterday.

While down there I asked TJ if he wanted to eat out and he said sure. He asked where i wated to go and I said Cracker Barrel, but when we passed the Washington Street Grille he said he wanted to go there so we did!! This was between 4 and 4:30 and it's a good thing we went then because they were closing at 6pm!! At first we were the only ones on the main diningroom, but more people showed up including one of my kindergarteners!! Sat near us and everything, but when we were leaving!!

After dinner we went looking at lights(I will have a separate post with those pictures). While doing that TJ had to use the bathroom so we stopped at KFC(I was surprised they were even open!!). i do not like to go in a place just for the restroom so i decided to buy a soda. The cashier really liked me because I think I was the easiest customer he had all evening!!

When we came home we opened the presents from my mom...


TJ got a nice shirt and silk tie...

I got red pajamas!!

I also let Scout open his present from me...


A mouse with feathers!! He loved it...



I didn't stay up too late because I was fighting a stuffy nose and trying not to use nasal spray(I finally had to break down and use it because breathing was getting hard!). It was an awesome day, though!!

No comments: