Saturday, December 13, 2008

Partying it up for Christmas

I had a lot of fun at our staff Christmas party last night. I didn't take any pictures because I felt kind of funny just whipping the camera out. Some of the photos might have been incriminating too. ha ha!! Just kidding. It was really fun, though. Just adults and not a lot of people. It was fun to see coworkers outside of the work environment. It was held at one of the teachers' family's cabin up in Milford. When we lived up there I used to pass this place everyday on my way out of town and I thought it was a business of some sort!! Nope. It's a cabin!! the livingroom was FILLED with REAL stuffed animals and deer heads. Plus a boar head. It was pretty awesome. All were caught from hunting trips. Of course, now TJ is talking about getting into hunting again and wants a rifle!! Or shotgun. Or bow. He had a good time, too. He is pretty social (thanks to the army -- he was never like that before)and just kind of worked the room. Mostly talking to the husbands. He took pictures on his camera phone to show our friend, Kenny.

So, while I don't have pictures of this party, I do have pictures of the battalion party, which I never posted. Here are some...

The amazing plate pyramid at the beginning of the buffet line...

Me and my hubby...

A tree....

Santa....

Who apparently had lazer eye surgery because my 6 year old friend Alli observed that he did not have glasses like last year.

An elf....

This guy was such a good sport!! Apparently he had just recently arrived to the battalion and he agreed to dress up like that. Love him.

Santa passed out presents to the children(that were collected from their parents) and then we also had a raffle. We didnt win anything. We did get an ornament from the battalion commander, though. We also met some nice people who sat at our table. The dad mysteriouslty disappeared for awhile, though. He had been guarding Santa's sleigh, apparently.

I do have one picture from the party last night, though, but it is before we left...

I think this is one of the best pictures I have ever had taken.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

It is a really good photo of you! Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)

Kim said...

That is a nice photo! And I like that plate pyramid too!

Sharon said...

That is a great picture of you! You look awesome!

Pienovski said...

I like it too!!! Very nice picture Robyn!!!