Friday, January 9, 2009

100 things to do

Okay, found this on another blog. You are supposed to bold the things you have done and italicize the things you want to do (5 of them). However, I can't bold for some reason so I will just put yes or no or want to. Also gonna add commentary here and there. It may be a boring read, but is much more fun if you copy and do it yourself!!!

1. Started my own blog – well, duh!! yes.

2. Slept under the stars – no.

3. Played in a band – no

4. Visited Hawaii – WANT TO

5. Watched a meteor shower – yes, supposedly. The activity was intermittent, though, not constant.

6. Given more than I can afford to charity – yes

7. Been to Disneyland/world - yep. Lived in Southern California and went every year to Disneyland starting when I was 4. In my 20s I had a boyfriend who bought me a pass so we went ALL THE TIME. Been to Disneyworld 3 times -- when I was 20 with my cousin, Patti, on a trip with my best friend, Bonnie, and on my honeymoon.

8. Climbed a mountain – no

9. Held a praying mantis – pretty sure no

10. Sung a solo – I have actually. I took a voice class in college and for a final had to sing 2 songs, in front of an audience(not just the class)

11. Bungee jumped – no.

12. Visited Paris – Want to.

13. Watched lightning at sea – no.

14. Taught myself an art from scratch – well, kinda. I taught myself how to scrapbook basically, but looked at examples.

15. Adopted a child – want to, maybe

16. Had food poisoning – not that I know of

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – want to

18. Grown my own vegetables – yes. Once. got a couple good ones, but was growing them out of planters so didn't get many

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Want to

20. Slept on an overnight train – want to

21. Had a pillow fight – I think so

22. Hitchhiked – No way

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill? who hasn't? But not at my current job. I have actually been sick on my my sick days.

24. Built a snow fort – nope

25. Held a lamb – no, but that would be awesome!!

26. Gone skinny dipping – no

27. Run a Marathon – No

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – want to

29. Seen a total eclipse – not quite

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – oh yeah

31. Hit a home run – LOL!!!

32. Been on a cruise – so want to

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – want to

34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – nope

35. Seen an Amish community – want to

36. Taught myself a new language – no

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – want to

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – want to

39. Gone rock climbing – nope

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – want to

41. Sung karaoke – oh yes. Shakey's baby!!! and the church carnival.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – want to

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – no

44. Visited Africa – nope

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – sure have.

46. Been transported in an ambulance – not personally. i went with a friend, but had to sit up front

47. Had my portrait painted – No

48. Gone deep sea fishing – no

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – want to

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – want to

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – no.

52. Kissed in the rain – Yes

53. Played in the mud – yuck, no

54. Gone to a drive-in theater – No :( want to, but where are they?

55. Been in a movie. – no. that would be cool

56. Visited the Great Wall of China – want to

57. Started a business – no

58. Taken a martial arts class – no

59. Visited Russia – no

60. Served at a soup kitchen – No

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – no. bought many though!! this year alone!!

62. Gone whale watching – Yes, once, kinda boring, unless you see a whale(I did not)

63. Got flowers for no reason – just once

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – blood once. can;t anymore because it comes out too slow and clots!!

65. Gone sky diving – No

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – no

67. Bounced a check – yes, on accident

68. Flown in a helicopter – no.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – yes. several

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – yes

71. Eaten caviar – no, but would like to try it

72. Pieced a quilt – no

73. Stood in Times Square – yes. at night, too. totally awesome

74. Toured the Everglades – no

75. Been fired from a job – yes. i was glad, though. it was a sucky job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – want to

77. Broken a bone – no

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – define speeding. I have gone with hubby up to like 65.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – from an airplane. want to see it on foot

80. Published a book – no

81. Visited the Vatican –no

82. Bought a brand new car – Yes! twice

83. Walked in Jerusalem – No

84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Yes.

85. Read the entire Bible – yes

86. Visited the White House – no. kinda want to

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – no.

88. Had chickenpox – no!!

89. Saved someone’s life – no

90. Sat on a jury – yes. it was great. i ended up being the alternate so i didn't have to deliberate!!

91. Met someone famous – oh yeah, several people in fact

92. Joined a book club – yes. At Barnes and Noble in Fullerton, CA and one in Brandon, Florida.

93. Lost a loved one – yes, several. especially my dad and grandma

94. Had a baby – not yet

95. Seen the Alamo in person – want to

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – want to

97. Been involved in a law suit - No

98. Owned a cell phone – uh, yeah

99. Been stung by a bee – yes. In Illinois, while swimming when I was 8. My aunt put meat tenderizer on it!! Then she remembered she had something for bee stings!!

100. Ridden an elephant – yes. at church carnival and the zoo

No comments: