Thursday, January 1, 2009

Last day of 2008

Here is how I spent New Year's Eve...

We went and bought our soda machine(present from my mom)....


We went to the Salina and Wichita Harley shops and fell in love at the Wichita one. There was a 2004 touring bike, light blue with blue flames, awesome comfy seats, and storage compartments AND a luggage rack. We really wanted to bring her home. I would have named her Blue Ice. She was pretty. I also liked a 1200 Sportster dark blue with silver flames and all of her parts showing in silver chrome. I would have named her Blue Thunder. They would have looked nice together, but we would have had to paint the house blue to match them!! We reluctantly left those lovely ladies.

Next we went to the little Swedish town of Lindsborg, but it was late and New Years Eve so everything was closed. We will go back on a warmer day to explore and have some Swedish goodies like Swedish pancakes. I did get this picture at the gas station...

They have those painted donkeys all over town.

We went to dinner in Salina at Red Lobster


So yummy. Then we headed home and saw this...


So I decided to experiment a little and came up with this...

I am quite proud of that shot and may enter it in a contest sometime. I also took pictures out the back, tinted window....


After enjoying that spectacular sky show we headed back to JC and stopped at Walmart for some sparkling cider, herring and a Life(TJ thought we needed one and I agreed). I saw one of my kindergarteners and his twin there and he asked about the game in the cart and wished me a Happy Christmas.

After we got home I played on the computer a bit then got ready for the evening's festivities...


Scout repeatedly avoided my attempts to get a picture of his face...


But enjoyed having this wiggling, vibrating, talking thing on him...


Then me and TJ settled down for a game of Life which he beat me at. He was a teacher, then an entertainer and had 5 kids(2 sets of twins!!). They spent most of their lives living in a trailer!! I was a veterinarean, saleperson and accountant who won Ultimate Idol and a game show and bought a sailboat. I didn't have any kids, though. Then TJ went upstairs to play on the computer while I played Singstar. I did extremely well on the song Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer. I was a Hit Artist!!

Then we traded spots and I was on the computer and TJ played Call of Duty. Then it was almost midnight so we watched the apple drop in Aggieville in Manhattan and kissed then I went outside to bang on this...

We do it old school here. Unfortunately, no one else was out. Either it was too cold for them, they were asleep OR they went out somewhere. It was kind of disappointing.

Then we went to bed. Except, I could not sleep because I had drank so much sparkling cider so I got up and watched TV and had my herring and the rest of the cider(I drank that whole bottle by myself!!). I was coughing a lot so I resorted to my tylenol with codeine and that put me to sleep and gave me weird dreams.

And that was New Years Eve!!

No comments: