Sunday, January 4, 2009

Late night ramblings

I think that the tylenol with codeine, while still effective at curbing my cough, has waned a bit on making me sleepy. I guess my body got too used to it!! Not sure I would try driving a car yet, but it does not knock me out as it used to. Of course, sleeping past noon can also counter-effect this side affect as well!!

Anyway......did you know there is a blog for and about and by Mormons called Times and Seasons and they are hosting a contest for Mormon of the Year??? Amazingly, I am not on that list. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It is for someone who has had a huge impact on Mormonism or the Mormon community in the past year. That would not be me. I can't even make it to church most Sundays!!

I am determined to go tomorrow(well, actually, today), though. This is the last week we are subbing in Primary and I do not want to make poor TJ handle our group alone!! In addition to it being big, we have a couple kiddos who are, shall we say...spirited? I think we need a Para in there!! Oh wait, that is probably what i am supposed to be for, LOL!!

A friend asked me if that was our new calling... teaching Primary. Thank goodness, no. I used to want to teach Primary, but now that I work with kids 5 days a week, 9 hours a day, it is nice to have a little break on the weekends. Plus, my husband is already a Scout leader so I don't think they would give him another calling in the Primary and I am never at church. We did sign up as subs, though. Other than that, I think we are safe. Now watch, I'll get called to the Primary!!!

What else did I want to talk about? Oh yeah, gratitude. I have been inspired by ida's blog today, and other blogs I read to start listing things I am grateful for at the end of blog posts so here goes..

1. I am grateful for my blog.
2. I am grateful for a great husband
3. I am grateful for a crazy cat.
4. I am grateful for my friends.

I will probably try to stick with one in the future, that relates to my post.

BTW, I am failing miserably at resolution number 1 to drink more water and to drink a bottle before anyhting else!! I am hoping that the routine of work will change that. Doing good on the scripture reading, but we forgot the prayer tonight!! We had to tweak it a bit and we still pray on our knees, but on the bed because the floor is too hard, especially with my knee problems.

Anyone else having trouble with their resolutions?

No comments: