Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birds and Punch Don't Mix

Okay, my grandma used to tell me this hilarious story about a bird and a glass of punch!!

When my uncle was a kid he had a bird. Like a canary, I think. They would let the bird out of his cage and he would sit on your shoulder or whatever. My great-grandma(whome my grandma, mom and uncle lived with) just loved the bird.

Well, one day, they were having a party or gettogether with a lot of family and the kids took the bird out to play with him. They were drinking punch. They soon started playing a game and forgot about the bird. Who apparently got a little thirsty.

Next thing you know the adults here the kids yelling "The bird's in the punch!! The bird's in the punch!!" Unfortunately, while the kids were playing a game, the bird decided to get a drink of punch from one of the glasses and fell in!!! Sadly, he drowned. I know that is not funny, but just the mental image of a bird drowned in a glass of punch is hilarious!!

My great grandma was devastated.

The moral of the story is don't let birds around glasses of liquids unsupervised!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awww..that's funny and sad at the same time. While it's awful he died, I can't get the image out of my head of the little bird fluttering around in the punch.