Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessed, Very Blessed

Where do I start? Well, I guess with today. I am very fortunate that this is the second year in a row that I have been able to spend Valentines day with my husband(that is a rarity in the army!!). And it is a 4 day weekend for both of us!! Yesterday we went bumming around and bought each others' presents. We wanted to try the new IHOP, but it was SuperCrowded. We went to Cracker Barrel instead. Today we went out to Topeka. We wanted to go to Olive Garden for lunch but it was packed so we went to Outback(no one knew it opened early today!!). We had the most awesome service!! Definitely going back there. I even branched out from usual my steak or Prime Rib and had the No Rules Pasta with shrimp and scallops. While in town we also got Scout a little gift and some stuff for my cousins baby. tonight we are going bowling. They are having $1.50 games for couples and a chocolate fountain with fruit and roses.

Thursday was also a very nice day. We celebrated Abraham Lincoln's 200 birthday at school (kind of have to when the school is named after him!!). we also had Valentines parties. I was in Kindergarten all day and that was fun. I was very blessed to get quite a few Valentines of my own as well as some candy :) I used to love this holiday when I was in school because of the cards and it is so awesome to get to experience that all again!! I gave valentines to the kids in 3of the classes I work in, plus the reading class kids whose classes I am not in. I also made Valentines for the teachers and staff I work with regularly.

I am posting this late as I wrote it on Saturday :)

No comments: