Friday, February 27, 2009

Lost and Found

I had to make an unexpected trip into Topeka today. Why, you ask??? Well, apparently, my husband accidentally threw away the bag that contained my cousin's baby gifts!! And since I bought them off of a registry and they were accounted for, I had to go back and get the same things. Except for the basket I decorated. I do not have the heart (or money) to replicate that. Instead, I will make my cousin a baby blanket. I got the long looms and some soft yarn.

I only went to Babies R Us, Hobby Lobby, Scrapbooks Etc, and Jersey Mike's Subs while there. Jersey Mike's is sooo good. A little pricey, but their subs are so delicious and the service was awesome. I also liked that they seemed to know most of the customers that came in. We had Jersey Mikes in Florida. The closest one here is in Topeka.

After Topeka I had a little adventure. Instead of going home on I-70, I took HWY 24 and discovered some little towns. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. When the weather gets nicer and things turn greener I will go back.

I ended up in Manhattan because I needed to get a clearance item at their Hobby Lobby(loom set) for our afterschool program.

Then, when I got home, TJ was there(he had a day range that ended at a resonable time!!) and hungry so we finally went to the new IHOP!!! It is very nice and the service is good, but their clam chowder is rather bland. The pancakes were awesome though :) I saw a coworker and 2 kids from school. And someone from church. It's a popular restaurant.

This evening I organized some of my scrapbbok stuff and got ready for an all day crop tomorrow. Now I am trying to get sleepy!!

It was a good Friday.

No comments: