Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Me and My Blogs(that I like to read!!)

I got a couple of "awards" this week(or as I am now calling them .."awwwwwwards". get it? They make you say "awwwww") from 2 of my fellow blogger friends.

First of all was the Nice Matters award...



from my sweet friend on the other side of the world, Ida. I found Ida through a comment she left me one day. I think she found me through Jessica(whom I believe found me through a random search. I will say more about her in a minute). Ida is one of the most fascinating people I know. She is Finnish(I never thought I would ever know someone from Finland!!) and lives in Dubai for the time being. Her job allows her to travel all over the world and she shares her travels on her blog. She also shares insights from her life and information on Finland. From what she has said and pictures she has shared, I now want to go there someday. I would like to give this award right back to her :)

I would also like to give it to my dear friend, Sharon. I met sharon when I first moved to Kansas. Her husband is in the army, too, and she went to my church. I met her on a church day trip to Abilene. She knew TJ, though. She told me that they were very surprised when he came back from leave 2 months earlier and announced he had gotten married!! Apparently no one knew he was even engaged!!. Anyway, back to Sharon. She is one of the most craftiest people I know. I mean that literally -- she likes to make crafts! The day after my husband deployed, we had a craft day at church and she hosted a workshop on making these awesome wall hangings using wood, paint, and stamps. She has an extensive (rubber)stamp collection as she likes to make cards. She features her work regularly on her blog, along with pictures and stories about her life. Sadly, she moved to New Mexico, so the only time I "see" her is online!! Go check her out.

Now, on to Jessica. As I mentioned before, I think she found me through a blogger search. I am so glad she did, because she is so nice and I enjoy her blogs very much. In addition to the one I linked her name to, she does a second one entitled, 365 day photo project where she posts a picture a day with a brief explanation. In her other blog she shares her life and also quotes of the week. She is a very interesting person, so if you haven't already, go check her out!! She gave me this....


So now, I have to give it to a few people. Two people I would give it to have already been given it by Ida and or Jessica and i will talk about them and their blogs another time :) the people I will give it to at this time are.....

KIM. Okay, where to start? I met Kim in 7th grade. We met through a mutual friend and ended up sitting next to each other in Home Ec and talked when we should have been learning to sew. She is one of my oldest friends. I have known her about 20 years!! Right now, her blog is focused on her adventures in finding a new job, but once in awhile she will share fun anecdotes from her life as well as thoughts and insights. And amazing pictures that she takes. And awesome cards that she makes. She has an Etsy shop, too.

The next person is Suzanne. I met Suzanne about 12 years ago at my first job out of college(she started like 3 weeks before me, but in a higher position). I am not sure how we became friends exactly, but I think we were going to lunch with other coworkers and just gradually started talking and then hanging out. One of the things we did for a year was attend a series of classic movies at this awesome theatre in Anaheim, CA. That was a lot of fun!! Her blog is on her MySpace. She writes about dreams she has, thoughts, life, family, her darling cat -- Groucho, and movies. Often, you can also find favorite song lyrics :)

I think I will leave it at these awesome people for now. Go check them out.

And thank you again, Ida and Jessica, for the awards!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww. I love you, my friend!

Sharon said...

Awww! Thank you Robyn! You totally made my day! :)
I *heart* you!

Sharon said...

Oh ya, and in TJ's defense, I didn't talk to him all that much, he was kind of quiet and shy (o.k. who am I kidding was... he still is.) So that may be why I didn't know he was engaged. But I'll tell you what, when he came back from leave, he was so excited to tell everyone he had gotten married. He was practically bouncing off the walls! It was cute! And boy am I glad he did marry you, otherwise we never would have met. :)

Robyn :) said...

Sharon, thank you so much for telling me that. That is really special to hear.

suzanne pena said...

thanks for the shoutout robyn! that was very sweet!

Jessica said...

Awwww...you are too sweet! Thank you for your kind words! :)