Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Stomach Sucks

Well, I was fine on Wednedsay night when I went to bed, but I woke up at 3am Thursday feeling like I was going puke. Things quickly went downhill from there.

I managed to get a same day appointment Thursday morning, but had quite a struggle getting TJ's sergeants to let him come home to take me. I was very weak from either throwing up or crapping out(sorry for the graphicness, but it lends to the urgency of the story!!) everything that was in my body. I was afraid I would throw up while I was driving and wouldn't have time to pull over. In the midst of this i got a call from his sergeant informing me they were going to do a house inspection the next day!! I had to explain to him why I needed my husband to take me to the doctor!! I was over an hour late because of all that. I am lucky they still took me. I kept asking TJ why they wouldn't let him help me. I had never asked for anything like that before. not only that, but once TJ was asked to watch a staff sergeant's sick baby for a whole day(friends of ours). I could not understand why he could be allowed to do that but not take care of his own wife!! Needless to say, I am not happy with the company TJ is in right now. I don't think they give a crap about the soldiers' families.

Okay, well anywyay, I had stomach flu. They gave me medicine. The vomitting stopped that day. I still have diarrhea, but that is mostly because I have not been eating anything solid until today!! Well, i had a sandwich yesterday. the only things that have sounded appealing the last few days have been Jello, turkey sandwich, pudding and cheese and crackers. Oh, and I have been sooooooo thristy. because I am dehydrated obviously. Water, Ginger Ale, Apple Juice and now Coke have been my best friends. Also a little milk.

And do you know how comforting familiar shows are when you are sick? The only thing I watched on Thursday was Friends because it was so familiar. I watched 4 hours of the Brady bunch this morning. This evening I am watching the Lake House and The Notebook.

I don't think I will make it to church tomorrow, but I intend to be back at work on monday.

Oh, I need to praise my hubby, too. He totally cleaned the hosue Thursday night because of the inspection. He has been waiting on me hand and foot and has had to make several trips to the store (a couple times he bought the wrong thing). He also went and got my prescription for me!! That saved me a good miserable hour!! he is also very tired todasy because I kept getting up every hour last night to use the bathroom. On Thursday night I made him sleep in the other room so he wouldn't get sick. I think he will be back there tonight so he can sleep!!

Scout has also been taking good care of me. Mostly sleeping in the bed with me. He only gets up a few times to run around the house!! Then he comes back and keeps me comapany :)

So I have been well taken care of.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ugh... I remember well how "fun" that was last year when I had it. But I sat in St. Jude's ER with it, along with the rest of the world (that was when I met Andrea Barber).

Government never makes sense! :(