Sunday, March 8, 2009

God Bless Him, He's Trying

Barack Obama wants to get our troops out of Iraq and has a plan. I do not know if this is a good plan or if it will even work, but God bless him, he is trying!! You do not know how happy it makes my heart that he is even working on making this happen. To have that small hope that my husband may not have to back there.

Don't get me wrong, it is still in the back of my mind that he will go again and Obama may not be able to accomplish his plan, but after 4 years of having a leader who had no plan to get us out, it really makes me grateful to have one now who wants to at least try.

However, the rumor around my husband's Battalion is(and it's just a RUMOR)that they will be going to Afghanistan. So deployment is still something I am mentally preparing for.

One thing that is giving me more hope about this Iraq thing is that one of my friends' husbands is over there right now , on a voluntary basis, for 3 months, training soldiers in the Iraqi army. Training them to fight for their country so we don't have to. They can do it. I know they can.

Now, if Obama could just fix the economy.....

No comments: