Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shades of Blue

I am feeling kind of sad tonight. I think I am just emotionally drained after this weekend.

First, there was TJ's spill yesterday. It was scary seeing him go down on his bike. I knew right away that he was okay, though and so was the bike, but my heart nearly stopped. I am just so thankful for that engine guard and that he knows how to fall. I am still anxious to ride with him :) He is more careful with me. Plus, I will not go on the Interstate with him!!

I also had to say goodbye to a new friend. I was able to hang out with one of TJ's buddies and his fiance who was visiting this weekend, as well as a couple other soldiers. But the fiance and I got to know each other while driving in the car behind the boys yesterday(and got to witness TJ's fall together). She left this morning. I feel sympathy for her and TJ's buddy for having to be separated and not knowing yet when they will be married and together. Been there, done that, but at least their circumstances don't involve the army unit he is in making it difficult!!

Also had to say goodbye to my friend, Sarah. She is part of the old group I used to hang out with. Now Mandy and I are the only ones left here. Sarah is leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday. We hung out with her and her husband and son and his friend this afternoon, bowling. It was fun.

I think I am also a little sad that Spring Break is ending, but I am anxious to see the kiddos and get back into my work routine.

It is also a little disappointing that cold weather is returning this week. Boo. I put away my winter clothes already. It may snow next weekend. I am done with snow. We didn't get barely any this season so now as far as I am concerned it can just go away!!

Okay, one more thing. I just noticed I went from 4 to 3 followers. The one I am missing is Ida and her blog has been removed. This is very disconcerting and I am hoping she is okay and just decided to start blogging with a different website. Ida, if you are reading this please comment so I know you are okay. Jen and Jessica, have you heard from her?

So, I am just ready to go to bed now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Did you talk to Jessica? Ida emailed her and from what we can tell she is ok.