Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Rebel -- That's Me

Sometimes.

I think that tomorrow I am going to sleep in till 8am, watch Movin Up for 4 hours, finish cleaning the kitchen and put away my Easter decorations. Then I am going to take a nap the rest of the day. Yes, it's Sunday, but I am in a rebeliious mood. Plus I really want that kitchen cleaned before this weekend is over AND I am too pooped to finish it now!!

Speaking of rebels, i have been meaning to post about this all week, but kept getting sidetracked (gee, I wonder why???). Anyway, last Saturday TJ and I went to Wichita to look for a motorcycle that I may possibly be able to ride of I ever so choose to. It is quite a challenge as I am barely 5 feet tall!! There are no Harleys low enough for me. On the recommendation of a friend we went to Mid America Powersports which is HUGE. We had been there once before when TJ was first looking for a bike.

We found a couple of prospects. One is the Yamaha V-Star. I had found a low one once before at the Yamaha dealership in Manhattan. Another was a Suzuki something or other. It was pretty. She was white and Fuschia. Seriously, that bike was so me. She was 650 cc, though. For my first bike I would like to get a 250 cc.

We think we have found the perfect kind. A Honda Rebel. And they had a beautiful one. Royal Blue. I was ready to buy it right then and there!! But first I need to pass the written motorcycle test, take the beginner rider's course and pass the DMV test!! And save up money.

I also need to get some riding boots. With a little lift because my feet still do not sit all the way flat on the ground when I sit on it. I was told we could take it to a shop and they might be able to cut some of the padding put of the seat to make it a bit lower. Not sure how comfortable that would, be, though, but I would not be riding long distances anyway!! So, now we know there are bikes out there that I could actually ride!! But for now I will just stay on the back of my husband's bike.

But I do like the idea of having my own bike -- especially with the name REBEL in it!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks! I try...I think we all do, especially in the areas that really interest us. I bet you could scrapbook circles around me.

Have you ever posted any of your work?

Robyn :) said...

Um...no. Wait, yes. I think I posted pictures from a mini album i did. I will look for it and post the link.

You reminded me that awhile ago I uploaded some pictures from a crop i went to of all the pages I got done, for the purpose of posting here, but never did. I will post those soon. I am currently at work and do not have access to my photos :)

Robyn :) said...

Okay, here is the link for the mini album I did...

http://robyncarebear.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-didnt-forget.html

I did not come up with the design, though. I made this in a class at Archivers in Omaha, NE. I came up with the subject, but they had the design. The only things I may have chaged were the colors of the letters(they were originally all white) and the placement of the gems.