Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Soccer and Scrapbooking

I have a new hobby it seems. It's called watching YMCA soccer games. How did I get involved in this? Well, one of the kids at school is among many kids at school who is playing and asked if I could come watch. Well, of course I had to go and drag my husband along with me!! It was fun. However, it was only the first game. There's another tomorrow. I have been asked to watch that, too. In addition, another kiddo on another team is playing tomorrow also. So I will be playing musical games to watch. And i will prbably be doing this for the next several weeks!! Oy. At least they are free. I think that since last summer, between summer league baseball, high school football and now youth soccer I have been to more sporting events than I have in my whole life!! I love it though. It is fun to have teams to support.

It looks like I will be incorporating scrapbooking into my afterschool job. The coordinator wants to offer scrapbooking as an activity starting next week and told me she heard I scrapbooked!! Well, she came to the right person. I told her I could bring paper,scraps, stickers, funky scissors and punches!! Maybe some brads too. I think this Saturday as I try yet again to tackle the craft room I will organize what I want to bring. This will help me get rid of a lot of excess stuff as well :)

Oh, I also have semi exciting news about my craft and diningroom!! We bought a "new" diningroom table from our friends (and chairs!) so we were able to move the old table up to the craft room to use instead of the card table. So now I have more room to work!! I am so excited. And our diningroom table is bigger!!

More good news -- despit some rainy days ahead the temps look to be staying steady in the 60s and 70s!! Maybe Spring is FINALLY here!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Now that is cool! What will your first project with them be?

Robyn :) said...

Just gonna show them some of my stuff and some magazines and let them do whatever. the teacher has pictures for them to use