Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm a Mom, too...sort of



Well, even though I do not have a human child, I do think I am qualified to celebrate Mother's Day because I am mom to a cat. and he really is the greatest little boy ever. So, in honor of Mother's Day I am posting

THE TOP 10 GREATEST THINGS ABOUT BEING A CAT MOM

1. He greets me at the door when I come home (okay 90 percent of the time it's because he thinks I am going to hold the door open for him to go out).

2. When he is whining and I tell him to stop he does....eventually.

3. He can poop and pee on his own and the only thing I have to do is change the litter box about once a week.



4. He can stay home alone.

5. He checks on me when I am not feeling good or am sleepy or just lying in bed.

6. He sits outside of the shower waiting for me while I am in there.



7. You can fill his food bowl with enough food to last him all day.

8. I don't have to take him for walks or buy him clothes(though costumes are fun!! Just wish he would like to wear one!).

9. He sleeps in the bed with me when TJ is not there so I don't get lonely.



10. And the best reason of all -- He likes to cuddle with me!!

I love my little Scoutsie Pooh so much....as much as I think I would love a human child :) He really is a great cat and I am so glad he chose me to adopt him :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww. That's so cute!

Sharon said...

The speaker in sacrament today talked about who is "qualified" to celebrate Mother's Day as a Mom. I liked what she said when she said, anyone who is a Mom, has a child, biological or not, will become a mom, someone who takes care of and loves other peoples children, someone who is a wife (because lets face it, that takes a little bit of mothering too), is a friend, is an Aunt, a teacher, a Grandmother, or a care taker. You my dear friend, fit several of those descriptions of Mother. So yes, being Scouts mommy makes you a Mom, but you are a Mother in so many other ways. :) Happy Mother's Day Robyn!

socrates1 said...

Happy Mother's Day, Robyn :)
I'm sure your cat is grateful for having a kind "mom"!

Jessica said...

Love this! I looked at Keith last night and said, "Do you remember the commercial for the doggie mom's cards that I pointed out to you? Well, why didn't you get me one?" Haha. :)

Robyn :) said...

Thank you everyone for the kind comments :)

Jessica, I mentioned to my husband that it would be nice of DScout got me something for Mother's Day, but he didn't.

Well, actually, he did lie down and take a nap with me so that was very sweet(the cat did, not my husband!!).

I also pointed out at Hallmark that they had cards from the cat..or dog.