As I am not going to be working this summer, I have been thinking of ways to fill up my days and be productive. Here is what I have come up with...
1. Exercise. A combination of cycling, walking, swimming and working out at the gym. Not all on the same day, though!! Maybe throw in a little tae bo for rainy days.
2. Clean. Start by doing a room a day(or week). Deep cleaning since I have the time. Then keeping it clean and clutter free. If I can practice that over the summer when I actually have the time , then maybe I can easily continue it when I go back to work in the fall.
3. Study Scriptures. At least an hour every day. Not just reading, either. Writing down thoughts and making comparisons. Really studying.
4. Be Creative. I plan to devote at least one hour a day to doing something creative like scrapbooking, card making, writing or anything else that allows me to create something.
5. Garden. With this month's allowance I plan to use some of it to buy a couple plants. At least a tomato and some other vegetable for the back and a rose bush and other flowers for the front. I am hoping Picerne supplies some to us again, too. I also need to clear where I want to plant the stuff and would like some scalloped bricks to segregate that area in front of the house. I also want a little bit of pickett fence as we live on Pickett Place.
6. Read. Lots of books.
7. Cook out more. We have a beautiful backyard with an awesome sunset view and a playground nearby so I am hoping to have people over more to enjoy a barbecue.
8. Go Camping. I wanted to do this last year, but we never had the time. I would like to try it at least once this year.
9. Explore. Go to those little towns around here and take pictures. Discover some new ones. See where roads go.
10. Kayak. Yeah, I'm hooked. I can combine this with camping. We can rent kayaks from Outdoor Rec. I also want to go out on a boat at least once, a ski boat or pontoon.
11. Visit the Farmer's Market every week. I want fresh fruit and vegetables. And I want to support local farmers. I have already resolved to only buy milk from the dairy and beef from there or the beef store in town.
12. Attend baseball games. What is summer without JC Generals baseball???
What are other people's summer plans?