Saturday, May 23, 2009

Things Aren't Working

Well, I planned for this post to be pictures of 2 new "friends" and the fun stuff we did last night, BUT I am not able to upload(or is it download?) the pictures from the memory card for some reason. There is an error.

I think it has something to do with the problems I have been having installing iTunes. Oh, and why am I installing iTunes? Well, because I got an iPod of course!!! I had saved some money so I went and got it Thursday night. I downlaoded iTunes to install but it says there is an error with the installation. I have tried it a few times, but it always gives me errors. Something about the "stopping services" portion. If anyone knows anything about installing iTunes and can help, please let me know. If not, I am going to call Geek Squad to come help me and then just have them walk me through importing the music from my CD's and then on to the iPod!!

So, anyway, I made something at school and will tell you about her when I get the picture uploaded.

I'll tell you about what we did yesterday, though, but I have a little story to go with it.

I told you a few posts ago about the carnival they had in town. Well, it was also the weekend of the church carnival back home in California. I looked foward to this every year and had to drive by everyday to see the progress that was made putting up the rides. I love carnivals. The one in town caught me by surprise because I forgot it was that timne again. However, we did not go on any rides or anything because we didn't like them.

So, one day during the week we drove by the carnival site and the ride trucks and stuff were still there. but my husband says, no, that is a different carnival because it has the bears (that you sit inside and they spin) and the one there did not have that. So I was like, well that is weird, what are they going to do, have another carnival there?

Well, on Wednesday I was coming on post for my cholesterol class and as I drive by the PX I see that in a corner of their parking lot is carnival rides!!! Waiting to be set up. Including the bears. They must have been waiting in that one empty lot where the other carnival was. I was so excited because, again, I was not expecting a carnival!! And I got to watch this one's progress.

We ended up going last night. It is one of the nicest carnivals I have ever seen, but my was it expensive!!! We only went on one ride and that cost us $6.00!!! I paid $2.00 (in tokens. They use tokens for games!!) to play a game where you pick 3 rubber ducks out of a "stream"(I chose ones that were spinning around) and the numbers on the bottom determine what kind of prize you get. I was able to get a small carebear!!! I got Birthday Bear and I think it is the cutest carebear I have now!! We then had a little snack and then went on the Ferris Wheel. It was one of those that have like a bucket and 2 seats facing each other and I thought it would be more stable than a regular ferris wheel(because I have gone on one with the round bucket and was perfectly fine), but it wasn't and I was freaking out a little bit, but after it started going I was fine and enjoyed it.

So that was last night. This afternoon TJ and I had a little adventure that I will tell you about with pictures(when I can get them on the computer!!).

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That;s so cool about the carnivals! Ours are always so shady, I don't even like to walk around them!

I got our dishes at Bed Bath and Beyond. :) One of my fave stores!

Carrie said...

Hey, I found your blog through "Learning along the way..."

I just wanted to tell you that you're absolutely right in saying that being a military wife is the hardest job in the army. My boyfriend has just enlisted. He's been gone for a little over two months now. I can totally relate.

Kudos to you for being brave and moving with your husband. (I'm afraid to leave...and afraid to stay behind as well.)

Anyways, best wishes to you. :)