Thursday, May 28, 2009

Today was Tough

Today was the last day of school for the kids and it was a tough one for me. Last year was fine because I did not know any 5th graders and there was only like one kid that wasn't coming back that I was really going to miss. This year was a whole different story.

I knew most of the 5th graders and a couple of them I was really fond of and they could always make me smile. I will miss them much.

There was another kiddo that is leaving our district and it was pretty much heartbreaking for me to see him go. This is a kid that had a smile on everyday when he came to school from the very first day. I worked a lot with this kiddo and have seen him learn so much and come so far. This is what really makes my job rewarding and this kiddo will always hold a special place in my heart. I am very excited for him, though, for where he is going next.

Tomorrow I am working until noon to help teachers clean out their classrooms for the summer cleaning. Then I am making a major trip to the Commissary to get what I need to start my new cholesterol lowering diet which I am also hoping will help me lose weight(along with exercise -- the plan starts Monday!!). After that I am heading out to Milford Lake with some of the school staff for a fun and relaxing afternoon and then in the evening over to the Generals game in town. It will be a very busy, but fun day :)

Anyone else have last day of school stories?

No comments: